Emergency Communications Center (ECC) - Information for Kids
Are you RED E if you have to call 9-1-1?
RED E the fox wants you to know what to do when dialing 9-1-1. You need to know the following:
- Tell exactly where you are, including the address or nearby buildings.
- What is the emergency?
- What is your name?
- What is your phone number? I may need to call back if I have further questions.
- Any description of the person or vehicle involved.
- Answer all questions.
- Follow the instructions of the 9-1-1 Dispatcher.
- Don't hang up until told to do so.
- Stay calm and speak slowly.
- Learn your address. If you don't know it, have a piece of paper on your refrigerator with the address on it.
- Don't play on 9-1-1. It's for emergencies.
- If you accidentally call 911, don't hang up. Stay on the phone and tell the 9-1-1 dispatcher you accidentally dialed it and that you do not have an emergency.
Test your knowledge of when to call 9-1-1 by taking the following quiz - Click Here to begin.